What is Gait Analysis?
Gait analysis provides runners with essential information about their running style. This information is always important, as no matter how long you have been running, knowing your running style plays a crucial part in selecting the right shoes.
Gait analysis involves running for a few minutes on a treadmill while a recording by our Bog Dog Running Staff, who will then explain their findings in simple terms. Runners can then choose which shoes they prefer/like- selecting cushioning, structured cushioning and maximum support - based on the results.
As well as helping runners to find the right shoe by assessing the movement of the foot, video gait analysis also looks at leg and body movement to see if running efficiency can be improved. By slowing the video down (using the ARION technology) and viewing the different running stages in detail, we can help identify certain movements which may be triggering injuries or reducing efficiency.
When you come in for your gait analysis, one of our experienced team members will first discuss your running with you, asking for details such as your goals, any injury history, the types of surfaces that you run on and the distances you are running. These can all have a bearing on the shoes that are recommended. It is always best to bring the shoes that you have been running in recently as they show a lot of clues about your running history to date. It doesn’t matter how old they are or what condition they are in!
Appointments are essential for gait analysis. To book, please click the button below
- Quickly compare several shoes and get a recommendation for the best performing and best safety ones
- View the exact gaitline using our intuitive pressure map of every single step
- Understand how the load is distributed throughout the lower body and a personalised prediction of injury risk
”I tested four pairs of shoes, and I got a clear picture of which shoes were best for me and why.”
- Interactive annotations to customise the customer experience
- Show the position of a body part while landing
- Drawing tool to help visualise the curves of the body and highlight angles to show the position of a body part while landing
”I had never actually seen myself run before, and it was a game-changer in helping me choose the right running shoes.”
- Live generation of different key movement metrics
- View a live animated digital footstrike from within any shoe
- Producing a predicted bioload to help our customers reduce their risks of injury
”When I received my digital footstrike, I was able to see my movement in a whole new light.”
Once you have completed a session with us using the ARIONHUB at our store, the digital flyer is sent to your email address. When you get home, you can review your results & share them with fellow runners. The digital flyer contains all the important insights such as:
- Contact information to our store
- Information about the shoe you tried on
- Take-aways on key metrics
- Biomechanical loads, pressure and metrics over time
- Average metrics & performance